Dallas/Fort Worth is our stomping ground here at IMS Relocation. It’s where we’ve been practicing our trade since 1991: helping people make the most of each and every move. We love what we do – and the fact that we do it in Dallas makes us love it even more.Speaking of facts, here are a few that make us smile:
1. Dallas is the birthplace of the frozen margarita machine. Its five o’clock somewhere…
2. Big Tex, the 52-foot statue that’s a staple at the Texas State Fair is the tallest cowboy in Texas.
3. The tallest indoor Christmas tree also happens to reside in Texas – find it during the holiday season at the Galleria Dallas!
4. If you love art it would behoove you to swing by the Dallas Arts District, which is the largest urban arts district in the US!
5. 7/11 is technically the first convenience store. It got its start right here in Dallas.
6. The term “Super Bowl” was coined right here in Dallas by Lamar Hunt, founder of the American Football League.
7. Dallas is the largest city in the country that doesn’t sit on a navigable body of water.
8. If you want to see an original copy of the Declaration of Independence, stop by the Dallas Public Library.
9. 23 of the richest Americans reside in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
There’s a lot more to Dallas than meets the eye – that’s for sure. If you want some more fun facts – about Dallas proper or the DFW moversof IMS Relocation – just give us a call. A moving specialist will be here to take your call!