These summer months are the busiest time for the relocation industry. For families, it’s an ideal time to move because kids are out of school. By relocating during the summer they can avoid changing schools mid-year, as well as other disruptions due to the family routine that may impact schoolwork and studies. These months are also an ideal time for young professionals and couples without children to relocate. Work schedules tend to be flexible with the summer holidays, making it easier to take an extended leave from work for interstate moves.
If you, or your family is planning a relocation during June, July or August, there are some things you should take into consideration:
1. Don’t wait until the last minute. Contact IMS Relocation as far in advance as possible. Because the summer months are considered “peak season,” moving companies book up quickly, which can leave you with very limited options if you don’t plan ahead.
2. Consider a mid-week move. Relocation companies tend to be busier on the weekends because movers want to take advantage of the time off to execute local and short distance moves. If you have the flexibility to do so, plan your move for the middle of the week. You may find that there are cost-advantages and more resources available for mid-week moves.
3. Be flexible. If your desired moving date isn’t available, consider other options near that date, and be willing to slide your move a few days, if needed.
4. Budget accordingly. The cost of peak season relocations tend to fluctuate based on anticipated demand. Moving on the busiest days of the year, i.e. Fourth of July weekend or Labor Day weekend, could cost you more. If you are planning to move on these dates, budget a little extra and book us well in advance of the move, or identify another date to execute your move.
5. Don’t hire “rogue” movers. The “best” deal in moving, isn’t always the “right” deal. Don’t put your family at risk by letting just anyone relocate your household goods. For the best move, hire a reputable relocation firm. Only the professionals will have the tools and experience needed to efficiently relocate you, and your family.
When you call on IMS Relocation for your “peak season” household goods move, you can rest assured in knowing that we will help you make it your best move. Our personal customer service coordinators are ready and waiting to help you plan your move from start-to-finish. We will make a site visit, provide you with verification of our licensing and insurance, ensure that you understand your rights and responsibilities as a mover, and provide clean, marked vehicles and friendly staff to execute your relocation.
At IMS Relocation, we understand that moving in Dallas can be a very stressful time for you and your family. If you do end up choosing what you think is the “best deal” for your relocation, and get taken by a “rogue mover,” we can help! As an agent of Mayflower, we participate in a program called Move Rescue. Backed by a national network of attorneys, we help consumers recover their household goods from rogue movers, then we deliver them to your destination at no cost.